Friday, July 4, 2008

2008He was puking his guts out

Hi my friend,

After sleeping soundly for 6 hours last night, I was jolted awake at 4am by my 10 year-old son yelling, "Mom, I'm going to throw up!" as he flew down the hall to thebathroom.


Like most mothers, I felt terrible for my little guy. I stood by and offered a tissue to wipe his nose and a cup of water to rinse his mouth. Back off to bed.

About 10 minutes later it happened again. And then two more times.

By 5:15 am, my son was wiped out and lying there just moaning on his bed.

I didn't want to interrogate him at that moment, but I needed to see if we were dealing with an illness or if something else was going on.

So I casually asked him what he ate the day before. He told me that he had forgotten the lunch I had packed him yesterday, so the workers at his summer day camp programprovided his lunch.

When he told me what he had, things started to make sense. A terribly mis-combined meal.

Then I asked what he had for snacks. More bad mixtures on top of an already stressed stomach.

Lastly, I asked if he had anything to eat at his friend's house that he played with last night after dinner.

Yup--a little "treat" which was the absolute worst thing he could have eaten after dinner.

Put all of those things together and you have the perfect recipe for vomiting 4 times.

Now, he's lived his 10 years eating correctly combined meals and snacks and enjoyed great health because of it. But, being a typical 10 year-old boy whose biggest concernsare how many baskets he made in basketball and reading more of his Harry Potter book, I realized that keeping track of his foods probably isn't his top priority.

I gently explained to him that, although he didn't do it intentionally, what he ate made him sick.

I pointed out the horrible combinations of foods he ingested and explained why they wreaked havoc in his stomach, didn't digest properly and came back up again.

I told him that we would go over the principles I teach in Great Taste No Pain again- http://www.greattastenopain.comso he could have them fresh in his mind and would know what food choices to make when Mom's not around.

And then the best part came. He smiled and said, "Thanks, Mom. I love you." and went back to sleep.

Being as overall healthy as he is, he sprung right up at 8:30 this morning, feeling fine and ready to go to summer day camp.

You see, when you live a life of eating the right foods in the correct combinations, you maintain a strong level of health that allows you to bounce back from temporarysetbacks much easier.

But my son's story also proves an important point—and that is everyone pays the price for not eating the right way. Even my son. And if I had eaten what he ate yesterday, I'd be in agony.

Not everyone has stomach symptoms, but years of eating the wrong foods will take its toll in some way. Headaches, skin problems, back pain, allergy symptoms, depression, ADD and congestion, to name a few.

And still others don't have ANY symptoms at all...until the effects of a poor diet and being acidic accumulate over the years and then "out of the blue" comes heart disease,cancer, fibromyalgia, diabetes, obesity, arthritis, etc.

For your kids' health and your own, make now the time that you commit to eating right. Get Great Taste No Pain here and use it: - http://www.greattastenopain.com

Don't let any more sicknesses in your kids be "explained away" by a flu bug when it's very likely what they've eaten. Don't pump them full of unnecessary drugs when alltheir little bodies need is real food. Don't put them on a track for a life of sickness and obesity.

Let them see how great they feel eating real food. And just like my son, they'll smile and say, "Thanks, Mom (or Dad!). I love you."

To your health,
Sherry Brescia

PS: Deb no longer has bloating and has tons more energy:
*******************

Dear Sherry:

Here's my story. I have been taking Nexium for about 12 years and most of the time, I felt okay. A little gassy and bloated, but I thought at 61 years old, that was to be expected.

But once or twice a year I had a "break through" with heartburn so bad I thought it would burn a hole in my chest. The doctors gave me more Nexium and some other stuff to close the pyloric sphincter and some fiber pills to move things along. Absolutely no relief.

One weekend I was in so much pain, I thought I would check out the internet for diets to control this acid or put out the fire and came across your web site. Thank God for that. I can do almost anything for 4 days and if it didn't work, I would request my money back.

I would read your emails everyday and be very relieved that the crazy stuff that was happening to my body was part of the detoxification. It actually took about 6 days toget things straightened out, but it was such a relief. My bloating is gone. I can be among people in the evening again! The full blown heartburn is more like a pilot light now and gets better everyday.

I would struggle every afternoon at work, to stay awake. Now, I have no problem making it through the day. The recipes are fantastic. I love the carrot and cilantrosoup. I haven't had the time to try all of the recipes in the book, but I did make all the food in the 4 day plan. Yum.

I've messed up a couple of times, but got right back on track. It really is easy to follow and makes so much sense. One of my goals is to get rid of the hypertension meds.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Deb Roberts
*******************

(c) copyright 2008 Holistic Blends
Orders: 1-315-295-1236
Holistic Blends Inc.
http://www.greattastenopain.com
925 State Fair BlvdSyracuse, NY 13209
Ph.: 315-295-1236FAX: 315-468-5818

No comments: