Monday, June 2, 2008

Freedom from ulcerative colitis

One of the most devastating digestive challenges known to
humans is ulcerative colitis.

Ulcerative colitis is a condition where inflammation and
sores form in the lining of the colon (large intestine) and
rectum. The inflammation kills the cells in the colon
wall, then the resulting sores bleed and produce pus.

The most common symptoms are horrible abdominal pain and
bloody diarrhea...so as a result, people with ulcerative
colitis are typically told by their doctors to avoid fiber--
like fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains.

And to take drugs, of course, each of which have nasty
side effects:

- Aminosalicylates (to control inflammation): Side
effects include nausea, vomiting, heartburn, diarrhea, and
headache.

- Steroids: Can cause weight gain, acne, facial hair,
high blood pressure, diabetes, mood swings, bone mass loss,
and an increased risk of infection.

- Immunomodulators (to reduce inflammation): People taking
these drugs are closely monitored for complications like
pancreatitis, hepatitis, a reduced white blood cell count
and an increased risk of infection.

====================

How successful is it?

====================

And here's how successful the above "treatments" are:

Between 25% - 40% of people with ulcerative colitis end up
having their colon completely removed (called an
ileostomy).

The doctor takes out the sore-infested colon, creates a
permanent hole in the abdomen, attaches the end of the
small intestine to the hole, and the person wears a plastic
pouch over the hole to catch waste as it leaks - yes, I
said leaks - out 24 hours a day.

Nice, huh? My own mother has one of those pouches (the
result of colon cancer), and it's been a living hell for
her for 30 years.

And that's all the medical community has to offer--avoid
fiber, take pills, and maybe you'll still have to wear a
plastic bag.

================

The better option

================

But there is another option for people for ulcerative
colitis. Something that could actually help.

You see, when you eat lots of alkaline foods in a way that
allows for easy, comfortable digestion of food with a
minimal amount of acid, wastes move on smoothly through the
stomach, intestines and rectum.

Smooth bowel movements and wastes with less acid and
toxins means less chance of creating inflammations in the
colon. And no inflammations means no sores, no bleeding, etc.
Great Taste No Pain
http://www.greattastenopain.com helps
make it all possible. Scrump-deli-icious foods. Correct
meal combinations. Digestion will be a breeze. Acid in
the stomach is kept low. Find out how much it can help
you. You have nothing to lose...except the pain, the pills
and the plastic pouch.

To your health,

Sherry Brescia
PS: Great Taste No Pain is helping Carmen with herulcerative colitis:

*******************
Dear Sherry:

About five years ago I was diagnosed with ulcerative
colitis, I have been in a diet since then and unable to eat
vegetables or fruits with more than 8 grams of fiber.

My condition is on remission but I have been taking Asacol
30mg, three times daily, one after every meal after all
these years. I have decided to eliminate the use of these
pills because after this change in diet I am confident thatI will be fit for life.

A friend of mine talked to me about your Great Taste No
Pain program and I decided to find out how it worked.

Well, let me tell you that I have been eating a lot of
produce with more than 8 grams of fiber and I am feeling
really good. I do not have that urgency to be going to the
bathroom continuously.

After I received the Great Taste No Pain recipe book, I
tasted some of your recipes, especially the ones from
Greece. I feel so good that I have even eliminated the use
of Gaviscon, no gas, no flatulence either.

I am really impressed about what this change in diet has
done for me, believe me I am very grateful to you and your
system because it really works.

Thanks,

Carmen Martinez

(c) copyright 2008 Holistic Blends

Orders: 1-315-295-1236
Holistic Blends Inc.
http://www.greattastenopain.com

No comments: